Dental implants are appropriate for many patients. These restorations can enhance your quality of life because they are able to restore the overall look, function, and health of your smile. It is likely that you are an excellent candidate for reclaiming your smile with dental implants if you:
- Are missing one or more teeth: The American College of Prosthodontists (ACP) estimates that roughly 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. Dental implants work by replacing the roots of those missing teeth. They create a strong base for natural-looking restorations such as dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures. Dental implants can also be used after having a tooth extracted due to damage or decay.
- Do not smoke or are willing to quit: Smoking has negative impacts on oral health and wound healing. It can pose a risk to the investment you are making in your smile. Smoking before or during the recovery phase is particularly problematic as it can lead to serious complications and undermine the success of your dental implant treatment plan.
- Have sufficient jawbone density: Dental implants form a strong bond with your jawbone as part of a beneficial process known as osseointegration. For this to happen, you must have enough bone to accommodate the placement of implants. Our dentists will evaluate your jawbone during your consultation and discuss your treatment options.
- Do not have gum disease: Outstanding oral health issues must be treated before implant therapy can begin. These issues may include gum disease, cavities, and others.
- Want a durable and reliable solution: Implants are regarded as the longest-lasting tooth replacement treatment available today. The implant itself can function well for an entire lifetime if cared for properly, making it a worthwhile investment in your smile.
Learn if Dental Implants Are Right For You
Are you ready to take the first step in your smile journey? Call 303-790-2323 to book an appointment with our experienced implant dentists in Lone Tree. Meadows Dental Group is proud to provide excellent care to patients from Centennial, Highlands Ranch, and nearby areas of Colorado.