Few cosmetic dental treatments can compare to porcelain dental veneers. These restorations quickly conceal numerous imperfections and provide years of smile-enhancing benefits. However, they are not the right treatment for everyone. Ideal candidates for porcelain veneers:
- Are in good oral health: Good oral health is a requirement for all cosmetic dental treatments. If you have issues such as gum disease or cavities, they will need to be addressed before you can get porcelain veneers. This will set your smile up for success.
- Do not have major alignment issues: Porcelain veneers have earned the nickname instant orthodontics. That is because they can make slightly crooked teeth look straight without the need for lengthy orthodontic treatment. However, they are not a good solution for severe alignment problems or functional issues that need to be addressed using Invisalign®, Fastbraces, ClearCorrect, or a similar treatment option.
- Have enough healthy tooth structure: Your natural teeth are going to have the essential task of supporting your porcelain veneers. Veneers are only as strong as the teeth below them. Our dentists will make sure that your tooth structure is up to the task.
- Brush and floss their teeth regularly: Dental hygiene is not something that you can forget about after you get veneers. In fact, it will be more important than ever. The appearance and longevity of your dental work are tied to how well you care for your smile. Brush at least twice a day, floss once a day, and schedule regular dental visits.
- Want flattering and long-lasting results: Treatments such as whitening have to be repeated to maintain a bright smile and keep unwanted discoloration at bay. Veneers, on the other hand, are relatively low-maintenance. They can last for many years to come. Plus, they will be completely customized to complement your unique facial features.
Learn More About Dental Veneers in Lone Tree
Our dentists will gladly evaluate your candidacy for porcelain veneers and other cosmetic dental services. Call 303-790-2323 today to schedule an appointment at Meadows Dental Group. We welcome patients from Lone Tree, Centennial, Highlands Ranch, and nearby areas of Colorado.