It’s important to choose the right dental service for your needs. If you’re missing one or more teeth, dental implants are worth considering.
Are you weighing implants against another tooth replacement option or wondering if you need to treat tooth loss at all? In either case, knowing the benefits of implants will help you make an informed decision about your dental care.
Here are the top reasons to consider getting dental implants:
- Implants maintain your dental function. It’s hard to chew with missing teeth or dentures. An implant is a secure tooth replacement option that restores your ability to eat your favorite foods.
- Implants prevent remaining teeth from shifting. When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth may shift to fill in the gap. This situation results in crooked teeth, which can be difficult to clean. It can also lead to a misaligned bite.
- Implants preserve your jawbone and prevent facial collapse. Missing or extracted teeth are commonly linked to jawbone loss. When you lose a tooth, your jawbone stops receiving stimulus in that area and starts to deteriorate.
This occurrence compromises the structure of the jaw and can actually change the shape of your lower face, giving it a sunken look. An implant is the only tooth replacement option that stimulates the jawbone to prevent bone loss.
- Implants support good oral health. Missing teeth increase the risk of gum disease and other concerns. Addressing tooth loss with implants is a great way to avoid a domino effect of dental problems.
- Implants can boost your self-confidence. Some people feel self-conscious about their missing teeth. If you feel that way too, implants may be a great option to improve the look of your smile.
Schedule Your Dental Implants Consultation in Highlands Ranch
Dental implants are widely regarded as the gold standard for tooth replacement. No dental treatment, including bridges and dentures, offers all of the benefits that implants offer.
To learn if implants are right for you, schedule a consultation today at 303-790-2323. Our skilled dentists are committed to finding the ideal solution for your dental problems. As Lone Tree’s first dental practice, Meadows Dental Group by Espire proudly serves patients from Highlands Ranch, Centennial, and nearby areas of Colorado.