Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of porcelain that adhere to teeth. Each pair is made to fit the person who is getting them, including size, shape, and color. Although porcelain veneers often serve cosmetic reasons, they may also serve restorative purposes.
By reading this article, find out if porcelain veneers in Lone Tree are right for you!
Who Can Get Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers can change the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, making them look healthier and more attractive. In most cases, anyone looking to improve the appearance of their smile might be a good candidate for veneers. Healthy gums and good bone structure may allow you to get veneers even if your teeth aren't in good shape.
While porcelain veneers can cover up many different cosmetic dental issues, some people are not good candidates for the procedure.
The following conditions may make you an unsuitable candidate for porcelain veneers:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
The first step is to know whether you are a good candidate. If you are, we can help you with veneers in Lone Tree!
The Pros and Cons of Porcelain Veneers
When it comes to improving the look of your smile, porcelain veneers are a popular option. They are made to look like natural teeth and can be used to cover up many different kinds of cosmetic issues. But before you decide to get veneers, it's vital to understand both the pros and cons.
- Porcelain veneers can give you a very natural-looking smile.
- They are strong and durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- Veneers can help correct cosmetic issues, such as gaps between teeth, stains, or misshapen teeth.
- The procedure to get veneers is usually not very invasive or painful.
- Porcelain veneers are not reversible, so once they adhere to your teeth, there is no going back.
- Veneers require special care, so you must avoid biting your nails, chewing on hard objects, or grinding your teeth, as this can damage the veneers.
- They can be a bit expensive and may not be covered by insurance.
- As veneers are not reversible, you must be sure that you want them before undergoing the procedure.
Our cosmetic dentists serve Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, and other metro area communities. You'll find quality dental care for you and your family at Lone Tree's first dental practice. Find out if you qualify for a free consultation. Contact Meadows Dental Group at 303-790-2323.