Think you know what to expect from dentures? At Meadows Dental Group, we offer patients advanced denture options that are not the same as what your grandparents wore.
Learn about complete or partial tooth replacement with dentures by calling 303-790-2323 to schedule an appointment at Meadows Dental Group today. Our dentists serve patients in Lone Tree, Centennial, Highlands Ranch and more.
Options for Dentures
Dentures are false teeth designed to fill a space left in your smile. Patients in need of replacement for just one tooth are generally better suited to a dental bridge, but our dentists may recommend the following options for more extensive restoration:
- Partials: Replace a few missing teeth on a single dental arch. Partial dentures can be removable or fixed in place for maximum stability.
- Full: Replace teeth for an entire dental arch. For patients who are completely missing teeth (edentulous), a complete denture may consist of an appliance with full teeth for both the top and bottom rows.
- Implant-supported dentures: These innovative tooth replacement options overcome many of the common complaints about dentures; keep reading for more information!
Patients who sustain injury to the mouth or suffer from issues like pervasive tooth decay or severe gum disease may dread the thought of needing dentures. However, our dentists’ skill with dental implants helps patients achieve optimal tooth replacement.
For replacement of a single tooth, an implant is a solid anchor for a porcelain dental crown. When multiple teeth or an entire dental arch is involved, however, implant-supported dentures are the premier solution.
After treating underlying gum disease or other issues, our dentists can position implants beneath the gum tissue.
An entire denture can be supported by as few as 4 dental implants!
Dental implants designed to support a crown generally take 4-6 months to heal before they have the stability to anchor a tooth effectively. However, our dentists can install an implant-supported denture on the same day as the implant procedure.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
The team at Meadows Dental Group is generally able to place dental implants and complete the restoration, meaning you likely won’t have to travel to a specialist. We have found that implant-supported dentures overcome many of the aspects that patients find objectionable about traditional dentures by:
- Eliminating embarrassment: Meadows Dental Group has a longstanding relationship with a local dental lab that consistently delivers high-quality, lifelike restorations. We make every effort to ensure that your teeth don’t look “fake.”
- Restoring function: Implants provide a solid foundation for dentures. Patients with implant-supported dentures can chew normally and speak without the slippage that often accompanied previous denture designs.
- Looking good: Patients who are missing teeth often feel self-conscious about their smile. This also affects self-esteem. With implant-supported dentures, patients with missing teeth can look and feel good again.
Find the right tooth replacement option for you by calling 303-790-2323. During your comprehensive examination, our dentists will discuss your candidacy for implant-supported dentures and other treatments. Serving patients in Lone Tree and nearby areas including Centennial, Highlands Ranch and more.