Shayna Sengewalt, DDS, grew up in a small town in West Virginia. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia. From there, she attended the West Virginia School of Dentistry, where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2015.
Dr. Sengewalt went on to complete a General Practice Residency Program in Asheville, through the University of North Carolina. This postgraduate dental education program gave her the opportunity to expand her knowledge of comprehensive dentistry treatments. During her residency, she performed surgical extractions, crown lengthening, and bone grafting. Additionally, she placed implants, completed hospital rotations, took calls in the Emergency Department, and worked in a general clinic.
Before moving to Denver, Dr. Sengewalt worked in private practice for three years in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Focusing on general dentistry, she created highly individualized treatment plans involving crowns and bridges, dental implants, extractions, root canal therapy, restorative work, and other services.
Dr. Sengewalt joined our Lone Tree dental practice in July of 2019. She currently accepts additional insurance plans, allowing more patients in the area to have access to the compassionate and gentle care that we are known for at Meadows Dental Group. Speak with our insurance coordinator today for more information.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Metro Denver Dental Society
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Basic Life Support
- Botox & Dermal Fillers Certificate: PA Academy of General Dentistry (FACES)
- Minimal Oral Sedation
- Lasers in Dentistry Certificate: University of California recognized by the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Certificate in Minimal Sedation/Pain and Anxiety Control: West Virginia University
Public Health Experience
Dr. Sengewalt has a passion for helping under-served communities gain access to dental education and services. While pursuing her dental degree, she founded the WVU chapter of the Global Medical & Dental Brigades, which continues to facilitate medical and dental care around the world.
Since then, she has continued to lend her time and skills to the public by volunteering at free dental clinics for low-income families, uninsured patients, and underinsured patients. Dr. Sengewalt has also traveled abroad to teach crucial wellness skills.
- Pediatric Dentistry Club: Fundraised for dental educational supplies and the Schulman Scholarship fund. Conducted public outreach events for National Youth Sports camp and Monongalia elementary schools.
- Give Back a Smile 5k Race Director: Organized the 3rd annual Give Back a Smile 5K to benefit the Give Back a Smile program for survivors of domestic violence to receive no-cost cosmetic dental services and support programs. Raised over $2000 for the AACD GBAS Program.
Dr. Sengewalt moved to Denver in 2019 with her husband Tom and her two dogs, Harley and Stella. Like many who are drawn to Denver, she came here for the mountains and outdoor activities. She loves to ski, bike, run, and hike. She is a former marathon runner and hopes to one day train for a triathlon.